A few people have asked, are the stainless steel straws hard or difficult to keep clean? The simple answer – no!
When you purchase a stainless steel straw, please clean thoroughly before first use. Then follow these simple instructions to take care of your straw:
- Rinse your stainless steel straw under hot water
- Wet your free cleaning brush (provided in our cotton bags, when you purchase a set, or sold seperately)
- Rub a small amount of dish soap onto the cleaning brush
- Push the soapy wet, cleaning brush back and forth through the straw to remove any juice or smoothie debris
- Once you feel the inside is sufficiently cleaned, wash the rest of the straw with soap and water
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water and leave to dry properly
- Store your straw in your cotton draw string bag
- Our straws are also dishwasher safe
A few restuarants have started to offer to “rinse” my straw for me. I then pop it in my cotton draw string and wash it properly when I get home.
Disclaimer: Parental supervision is advised for children using stainless steel straws.